7/9/11

#29 The Back Pack

I usually do not carry around a backpack.  Scratch that well I don't carry it around even more now that I have graduated from college, but for some reason I felt like I wanted to today.  My outfit was very odd to me because it wasn't the usual me.  The skirt was tight to the point where you could see my outline (awkward), and I wore high socks with my sneakers (unheard of for me).   I realized that I don't care anymore of what others might think or how weird I might look.  I was very comfortable yesterday. :)  


Summer is slowly coming to an end.  I have exactly 3 more weeks before I start working again and get back to the grind.  I love my job, I seriously do.   I don't know what other job gives you the entire summer off!  I need to wear all the things that I WANT to wear now before I have to switch back to how I HAVE to dress.  It would honestly be AMAZING if Shopbop or Net-a-Porter, or ANY BODY really could do a lookbook for educators.  Professionalism+comfort+getting down and gritty+oomph.  Please oh please!!!!  It's my second year now as an educator and I am still trying to build my work wardrobe LET ALONE my usual wardrobe so can you imagine all the things I'm looking forward to?? Out with the old and in with the new! 


Btw:  I called a particular store in NYC today and put my name on their waiting list for some amazing shoes I am DYING to get my hands on.  I've thought about it through and through, I've even waited a week to see if I really wanted it, and yes, I Still want it SO BAD!  I just hope they don't keep me waiting forever....  dream bag will have to be on hold.  


xox!


top: free people, skirt: f21, socks: f21, sneakers: jack purcell, backpack: hayden harnett , glasses: warby parker

on the arm: vintage bracelet, la mer collections watch via tobi, pink rope bracelet with a hex nut my boyfriend made me, a gold chain bracelet from mi madre, joomi lim spike bracelet, and name bracelet.  


1 comment:

  1. love your bracelets. xo


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway for a $225 Orient Watch if you'd like to check it out. x
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete